Politics of the Pantry: Book Launch
Please join us for the book launch of, Politics of the Pantry: Housewives, Food, and Consumer Protest in Twentieth-Century America, by Emily E. LB. Twarog, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Dr. Twarog will lead a conversation with women she interviewed for the book including...
- Lynne Heidt, Evanston realtor and former leader of the National Consumers’ Union
- Jackie Kendall, Democracy Partners
- Janice Schakowsky, U.S. Representative (Invited)
- Bonnie Wilson, Vice Chair of the Frances Willard Historical Association and former Evanston Township Assessor
Sponsored by Chicago Coalition for Labor Union Women (CLUW) • Illinois Labor History Society • University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, School of Labor and Employment, Labor Education Program • Women and Leadership Archives, Loyola University Chicago • Working Women’s History Project
Image courtesy of the Walter Reuther Archives, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan.
- Saturday, November 18, 2017
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Piper Hall, First Floor
- Lake Shore